We Are Always on the Lookout for Great Talent
Why Come and Work for Us?
Grip is a funded startup that’s founded by serial entrepreneurs such as Brent Hoberman (founder of Lastminute.com and Made.com) and backed by world-class investors. At Grip, we’re obsessed with making our lives easier with the use of technology. We are solving the problem of how you make business connections in a simple, relevant and engaging way and are developing the most accurate professional matchmaking platform by pushing the boundaries of machine learning and artificial intelligence. We are always looking for awesome, hard-working candidates to join our team.
Work With Us
If you breathe tech culture and love making things happen then we want to hear from you.
Grip – Customer Success Manager
We are Grip, the first Artificial Intelligence-powered networking solution used by the biggest event organizers in the world including UBM, Reed Exhibitions, Cannes Lions, Slush, Founders Forum and many more.
We are a funded startup backed by leading European entrepreneurs including Brent Hoberman, David Helgason, and Arnaud Massenet, as well as one of the largest trade show organizers in the world.
We are looking for a Customer Success Manager to join our team, playing a key role in making sure our clients use the Grip Matchmaking Platform successfully.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage day-to-day communication with event organizers, answer questions and solve issues while coordinating work with sales, marketing and engineering teams.
- Set expectations with our clients as to what is possible and actively work to retain them.
- Improve processes and contribute to the team’s vision and strategy as well as the overall company’s growth
- Collect feedback from event organizers and attendees in the form of reports to be sent to Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Sales.
- Build, maintain and execute on account plans for each assigned account and coordinate appropriate internal domain experts for delivery.
- Improve the quality and efficiency of the service we deliver to our customers as a means to improve customer satisfaction.
- Ability to show great professionalism and empathy responding to customer and instructor inquiries via phone, email and online chat.
- Proven track record of solving tricky problems which can range from technical issues to product requests, to pricing and refunds.
- Experienced in providing feedback to other internal stakeholders such as the development team, sharing product ideas, and helping our business grow.
- Ideally, 1-2 years of telephone and email-based customer support experience, or alternatively a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with a minimum 2:1 and a demonstrated record of achievement.
- High level of initiative and comfort working in a small dynamic company/startup environment.
- Attention to detail, excellent computer skills (Google G Suite and Microsoft Office), and communication skills (to help our sales and marketing teams during quiet periods).
- Adept at managing multiple tasks simultaneously, well-organized and with excellent self-management skills.
- Work experience in a B2B or an event technology company.
- Work experience in customer support and analytics tools, technical or financial products, working in a startup or fast-paced environment
- Competitive base salary and the full range of team perks and benefits, including team lunch & drinks.
- 25 holiday days.
- Rare opportunity to grow and be part of shaping the company as the first person in the project / product management position reporting directly to the CEO.
- Travel to great cities across the world to attend trade shows and conferences that are using our technology.
- Work alongside other successful startups that are part of the Founders Forum family in our office in High Street Kensington.
This role is open to UK or EU applicants only. No visa sponsorship is provided. The role is based in our London office. We are offering a full-time position but are also open to alternative arrangements. To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Grip – Data Scientist Job Description
We are Grip. We create meaningful professional connections between people through the power of Artificial Intelligence.
The events industry is a multi-billion pound business. But its technology is often overlooked, anachronistic, and sorely in need of a refresh to better address the needs of event organisers, attendees and exhibitors.
We want to bring networking to the forefront of events to improve the experience of millions of event attendees. By harnessing the power of Artificial Intelligence, machine learning and data, we help them create meaningful professional connections at every event.
We seek a full-time Lead Data Scientist to make serendipitous connections a science.
- Apply research on Artificial Intelligence and machine learning to real-world applications by collaborating with our software engineering team.
- Continuous evaluation of and improvement on business metrics through use of AI techniques.
- Able to formulate and execute on science and data-related goals independently.
- PhD degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in pattern recognition, graph theory, data mining, NLP/NLU, Artificial Intelligence or machine learning techniques.
- Programming experience and proficiency in a major language such as Python, Java, Matlab, etc.
- Keen interest in latest developments in the field of AI.
- Relevant work experience, including full time software engineering experience or in R&D.
- Experience with open source libraries and frameworks related to ML and data science.
- Experience with recommender systems.
- Working experience with storage systems such as MySQL, Neo4j, Cassandra, etc.
- Working experience with search analytics tools such as Elastic Stack, Splunk, etc.
- Working experience with parallel processing tools such as MapReduce, Spark, etc.
- Competitive salary and options.
- The full range of team perks and benefits, including team lunches & drinks.
- 25 holiday days.
- Rare opportunity to grow with the company and take the lead in shaping an entire industry’s data science agenda.
- Work alongside other successful startups that are part of the Founders Forum family in our London office.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com