We Are Always on the Lookout for Great Talent
Why Come and Work for Us?
Grip is a funded startup that’s founded by serial entrepreneurs such as Brent Hoberman (founder of Lastminute.com and Made.com) and backed by world-class investors. At Grip, we’re obsessed with making our lives easier with the use of technology. We are solving the problem of how you make business connections in a simple, relevant and engaging way and are developing the most accurate professional matchmaking platform by pushing the boundaries of machine learning and artificial intelligence. We are always looking for awesome, hard-working candidates to join our team.
Work With Us
If you breathe tech culture and love making things happen then we want to hear from you.
Grip – Data Scientist Job Description
We are Grip. We create meaningful professional connections between people through the power of Artificial Intelligence.
The events industry is a multi-billion pound business. But its technology is often overlooked, anachronistic, and sorely in need of a refresh to better address the needs of event organisers, attendees and exhibitors.
We want to bring networking to the forefront of events to improve the experience of millions of event attendees. By harnessing the power of Artificial Intelligence, machine learning and data, we help them create meaningful professional connections at every event.
We seek a full-time Lead Data Scientist to make serendipitous connections a science.
- Apply research on Artificial Intelligence and machine learning to real-world applications by collaborating with our software engineering team.
- Continuous evaluation of and improvement on business metrics through use of AI techniques.
- Able to formulate and execute on science and data-related goals independently.
- PhD degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in pattern recognition, graph theory, data mining, NLP/NLU, Artificial Intelligence or machine learning techniques.
- Programming experience and proficiency in a major language such as Python, Java, Matlab, etc.
- Keen interest in latest developments in the field of AI.
- Relevant work experience, including full time software engineering experience or in R&D.
- Experience with open source libraries and frameworks related to ML and data science.
- Experience with recommender systems.
- Working experience with storage systems such as MySQL, Neo4j, Cassandra, etc.
- Working experience with search analytics tools such as Elastic Stack, Splunk, etc.
- Working experience with parallel processing tools such as MapReduce, Spark, etc.
- Competitive salary and options.
- The full range of team perks and benefits, including team lunches & drinks.
- 25 holiday days.
- Rare opportunity to grow with the company and take the lead in shaping an entire industry’s data science agenda.
- Work alongside other successful startups that are part of the Founders Forum family in our London office.
To apply, please send your CV to Tim@grip.events