We are Intros.at Ltd, the provider of the Grip mobile application. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
SCOPE OF POLICY
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it. In particular, note that we will use your data to propose ‘handshakes’ with other Grip users based on the content of social media platforms hosting accounts you notify us of.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Intros.at Ltd of 44, Grand Parade, Brighton, BN2 9QA, United Kingdom.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us (Submitted information): You may give us information about you by completing your profile or filling in forms on Grip, or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail or chat). This includes information you provide when you register to use Grip, subscribe to any of our Services, search for another user, ‘handshake’ with another user, share data via Grip’s social media functions, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with Grip. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, access to your LinkedIn, FaceBook or other social media account, the Device’s phone number, your age, username, password and other registration information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you and your device. Each time you use Grip we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the type of mobile device you use (model, manufacture and library version), a unique device identifier (for example, your Device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, time zone setting, (Device Information);
- Information contained in your LinkedIn, FaceBook account (if you permit us to access them) or other account we ask your permission to access (Social Information);
- Details of your use of Grip and the resources and features that you access, the users you ‘handshake’ (or you decline to handshake, or who decline to handshake you) (Log Information).
- Location information. To determine your location we use a third party SDK called NewAer which uses Bluetooth and GPS. NewAer documentation: https://newaer.com/docs/. We may also use GPS technology mobile network location data to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled Services require your personal data for the feature to work.
- Information we receive from other sources (Third Party Information). We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, promoters of events which you may have registered to attend) and may receive information about you from them.
If you contact us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Submitted Information: We will use this to help us provide you with Grip’s various features and personalise your experience; we will also use it to display your profile to other users, and propose you as a potential ‘handshake’ for other users.
- Device information: We use this to better understand who uses our product and quickly understand if bugs are related to specific phones.
- Social Information: We use this to build your profile and to help us decide which other users are good potential ‘handshakes’ for you, and whether you are a good potential ‘handshake’ for other users.
- Log information: we use this to optimize and further develop Grip for the benefit of us and all our users.
- Location information: We use location to help users find each other at events by displaying them in the “nearby” section.
- Third Party Information: we use this to determine whether you are entitled to join communities operated by or on behalf of the relevant third party (for example a trade show).
We may associate any category of information with any other category of information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
If we have your consent, we may also use your personal data to provide you with marketing messages about other products and services we provide which may be of interest to you.
We will disclose any of the above information to a third party operator of a community you have joined.
Also, we may provide various third parties (including the creators of any community on Grip) with anonymous aggregate information about our users (for example, We may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have used the chat function on any given day).
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose some or all of the data we collect from you when you download or use Grip to the following third parties:
|Category of data||Recipient|
|All||An operator of a community you have joined on Grip. If you are using a corporate-branded or event-branded version of the app, this includes the owner of that brand and companies doing business under that brand.|
|Submitted Information, Social Information||Other users of the app|
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Intros.at or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
- In order to:
- protect the rights, property or safety of Intros.at, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Grips; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Grip includes chat features. Ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. If you are using a third party-branded version of the App, this includes disclosure to the owner of, or companies doing business under that brand. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms We use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Grip may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of others. If you are using a third-party branded version of Grip, this includes websites of companies providing services under that brand. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
You can disable your account at any time using the ‘Delete Profile’ button in Grip.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.