You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users, on Grip and outside of Grip. You understand that we do not conduct checks on, or vet, any user of Grip or verify any profile information or statements of any user. We make no promises about the conduct of any user or your compatibility with any user with whom we suggest you ‘handshake’ by means of Grip. You agree to use sensible safety precautions when arranging any real-world meeting with any user. We are not obligated to publish any information or content you submit to Grip and can remove it in our sole discretion, with or without notice to you.
Other applicable terms
- Our Acceptable Use Policy – https://grip.events/acceptable-use-policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of Grip. When using Grip, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
Information about us
Grip is a mobile application-based service operated by Intros.at Ltd (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 09343609 and have our registered office and main trading address at 44, Grand Parade, Brighton, BN2 9QA, United Kingdom. We are a limited company.
Changes to these terms
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
Changes to Grip
We may update Grip from time to time, and may change the content or features at any time. However, please note that any of the content on Grip may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that Grip, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Grip is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that Grip, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to Grip is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of Grip without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason Grip is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to Grip.
Grip is intended as a professional networking tool for adult individuals. You must be aged 18 or over to use Grip.
Your account and password
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat that information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in Grip, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Except for the details of your own profile, you must not modify any material you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Except for the purposes of your own accessing of the features within Grip (such as the creation of communities), you must not use any part of the content on Grip for your own or any person’s commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
GRANT AND SCOPE OF LICENCE
Except as expressly set out in these terms or as permitted by any local law, you agree:
(a) not to copy Grip except where such copying is incidental to normal use of Grip, or where it is necessary for the purpose of back-up or operational security;
(b) not to rent, lease, sub-license, loan, translate, merge, adapt, vary or modify Grip;
(c) not to make alterations to, or modifications of, the whole or any part of Grip, or permit Grip or any part of it to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs;
(d) not to disassemble, decompile, reverse-engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of Grip or attempt to do any such thing except to the extent that such actions cannot be prohibited by law;
(g) not to provide or otherwise make available Grip in whole or in part (including object and source code), in any form to any person without prior written consent from us; and
(h) to comply with all technology control or export laws and regulations that apply to the technology used or supported by Grip.
No reliance on information
The content on Grip is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on Grip.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information which we ourselves produce and upload to Grip, we have no control over information produced or submitted by others. We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that any content on Grip is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to Grip or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, Grip; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on Grip.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide Grip for your own personal private use. You agree not to use Grip for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of Grip or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked to from Grip, including websites of the owner of any third party brand under which a version of Grip may be provided (for example, an event owner or promoter). Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Uploading content to Grip
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to Grip, or to make contact with other users of Grip, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy – https://grip.events/acceptable-use-policy.
By submitting any profile information, chat message or other submission you are contractually promising to us that the contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of that promise.
Any content you upload to Grip will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described in the next paragraph (Rights you licence).
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of Grip.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on Grip if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy – https://grip.events/acceptable-use-policy.
The views expressed by other users on Grip do not represent our views or values.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up any content you submit to Grip.
Rights you licence
When you upload or post content to Grip, you grant to us a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence (with the right to sub-licence to others) to use, store, make available to others and reproduce your content in any medium;
We do not guarantee that Grip will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access Grip. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse Grip by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to Grip, the server on which Grip is stored or any server, computer or database connected to Grip. You must not attack Grip via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use Grip will cease immediately.
Third party links and resources in Grip
Where Grip contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
“Grip” and the “Grip” logo are trade marks of Intros.at Ltd.
have your rights been infringed by activity on grip?
To contact us in relation to any activity on Grip which you consider to be defamatory, or an infringement of your intellectual property rights (such as trade marks or copyright), please email: email@example.com.
Thank you for visiting Grip.
- 1. Acknowledgement: You and we acknowledge that these terms and conditions is concluded between You and Us only, and not with Apple, and we, not Apple, are solely responsible for Grip and the content thereof.
- Scope of License: The license granted to you for Grip is limited to a non-transferable license to use Grip on any iPhone or iPod touch that the end-user owns or controls and as permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in the App Store Terms of Service.
- Maintenance and Support: We are solely responsible for providing any maintenance and support services with respect to Grip, as specified in these terms and conditions, or as required under applicable law. You and We acknowledge that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to Grip.
- Warranty: We are solely responsible for any product warranties, whether express or implied by law, to the extent not effectively disclaimed. In the event of any failure of Grip to conform to any applicable warranty, the end-user may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price for Grip to that end-user; and that, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to Grip, and any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be our sole responsibility.
- Product Claims: We and the end-user must acknowledge that We, not Apple, are responsible for addressing any claims of the end-user or any third party relating to Grip or the end-user’s possession and/or use of that Licensed Application, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that Grip fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation. These terms and conditions may not limit our liability to the end-user beyond what is permitted by applicable law.
- Intellectual Property Rights: We and You acknowledge that, in the event of any third party claim that Grip or the end-user’s possession and use of that Licensed Application infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights; We, not Apple, will be solely responsible for the investigation, defence, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim.
- Legal Compliance: You represent and warrant that (i) You are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) You are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
- Third Party Beneficiary: We and You acknowledge and agree that Apple, and Apple’s subsidiaries, are third party beneficiaries of these terms and conditions, and that, under your acceptance of these terms and conditions, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these terms and conditions against you as a third party beneficiary thereof.